Kim Wiley, Victim Advocate
323 Martin L. King, Jr. Blvd S (Rear Side of Town Hall)
P.O. Box 37
Estill, SC 29918
(803) 625 – 3699
(803) 625 – 3958 (fax)
A Victim Advocate ...
- Serves as a liaison between the victim, law enforcement, investigators, attorneys, court personnel, creditors, and other government and community organizations.
- Receives and processes victim impact statements, assists victims in completing statements as necessary; assists investigators and officers with victim interviews, law enforcement reports and other documentation.
- Informs crime victim(s) of their legal rights and ensures that victim’s rights are protected.
- Attends and observes interviews of child victims of sexual assault.
- Keeps victim informed of bond hearings, court hearings, etc.
- Provides courtroom orientation to victim and accompanies victim to court; when requested
- Assist victim in filing application to the victim compensation fund through the Governor’s Office, Division of Victim’s Assistance for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance.
- Assist in determining and requesting restitution payments and payment schedules.
- Transports victim to court, shelter, etc.
- Reports to crime scene as needed to provide victim and witness assistance.
- Assists in preparing victim and witnesses for court testimony.
- Provides follow-up services to victims of crimes and their families.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date case files and case databases.
Victim Assistance - (803) 625 – 3699
CODA (Support Victims of Domestic Violence)
24 – Hour Crisis Line
All CODA services are free of charge, and confidential to citizens of Hampton, Jasper, Beaufort and Colleton Counties
(800) 868 – 2632
(843) 770 – 1070
Hope Haven of the Lowcountry
(843) 524 – 2256
Hotline: (800) 637 – 7273
How to Protect Yourself from Being Assaulted
- Become Street Smart!
- Stay Alert
- Communicate the message that you’re calm, confident, and know where you are going
- Trust your instincts
- Know your neighborhood
- Help make your streets safe for everyone